Senior /Team Lead Data Engineer required to work in my client's London office (Farringdon nearest tube).
- Team Lead/Educate and train: The data engineer should be curious and knowledgeable about new data initiatives and how to address them. This includes applying their data and/or domain understanding in addressing new data requirements.
- Build data pipelines: Managed data pipelines consist of a series of stages through which data flows
- The data engineer will need strong collaboration skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the organization. In particular, the data engineer will work in close relationship with business stakeholders, the Data & Analytics Development Team, Enterprise Architecture and with Business Analysts.
- Drive Automation: The data engineer will be responsible for using innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity.
- 3 years Proven in design and development including data warehouse; ETL/ELT; and data integration.
- Good understanding, and at least one year of solid hands-on development experience, of the Delta Lakehouse architecture and associated technologies such as Databricks, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Data Factory.
- Confident programming skills with T-SQL, SparkSQL and PySpark.
- Good understanding of data modelling techniques including conceptual, logical, and physical models, and Kimball
- Experience working with popular data discovery, analytics, and BI software tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlik and others for semantic-layer-based data discovery.
- Hands-on development experience with traditional on-premise data solutions based around the SQL Server BI stack. (SQL Server; SSIS).
- Good experience of working in an agile delivery framework using Azure DevOps for work item management, version control, and release management.
- A degree in a technical, computer science, mathematical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Please send in your CV if you have the above skills with good Team Lead experiences.
I am expecting a high volume of CVs, please do not call me, if your CV stands out and is one of the better applicants, on paper, then I will call you.