Your key responsibilities are;
- All things database - releases, maintenance, instance migrations, consolidations, upgrades, backups, health and security levels reporting, configurations, processes and procedures, automation solutions, diagnostics and troubleshooting system problems, writing SQL/Database queries, procedures and functions and disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Respond (resolve queries/issues) to regular penetration tests and vulnerability scans
- Tuning, configuring and adapting the execution of Hallengren procedures to the requirements of each Server with appropriate SP parameters and values
- Help design, plan and build infrastructure to meet business requirements and improves performance and efficiency of systems and processes
- Operational and Infrastructure SQL DBA who has solid and proven experience of MS SQL Server database installation and administration across MS SQL Server 2005-2022.
- Ideal candidates will also be able to utilise Hallengren stored procedures and Jobs for database backups, Index maintenance and integrity checks and have hands on experience with cloud technologies (MS Azure), experience with MS SQL Server Always On, MS SSRS and MS SSIS and an understanding of database and OS security and working with Servers in DMZs.
It would also be great if you have;
- MS SQL Clustering on VMware Environment
- Experience with designing and implementing MS SQL Server architecture
- Good performance tuning and optimisation skills
- Good understanding of T-SQL and the ability to diagnose code-related issues
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
Please be aware that you need to be able to work to a shift rota;
- Ability to work late nights/early mornings (10pm - 2am) up to 4 times a month
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call cover on a rota basis (when required)outside the UK
Please send in your CV if you have the above skills.