My client is looking for an Insurance Technical Specialist to work in Essex (anywhere), working from home (occasionally you will be asked to go into their London Office), with the flexibility to work 12 – 15hrs minimum and you can work more if you desire.
Please note this is a permanent position but giving you the opportunity to work less hours however, a minimum of 12hrs per week. £30,000 - £50,000K pro rata depending on the level of experience you can bring to the table. Also, location is flexible, anywhere from Southend into London.
- To process accurate underwriting information within the benchmark set and in line with the agreed procedures, and to ensure that technical knowledge is used to best advantage within the team.
- Process underwriting information and technical transaction in accordance with Service Level Agreements and client specific procedure manuals.
- Assist the Controller to deliver quality standards and service level targets through effective use of expertise.
- Organise documentation for processing.
- Manage queries from internal and external parties to facilitate the accuracy and efficiency of data processing.
- Analyse technical data and calculate transactions.
- At least 3/5 years’ experience in the General Insurance Industry.
- Ability to interpret underwriting documentation and have meaningful discussions with class underwriters.
- Ability to work in team/team player.
- Excellent technical ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach others and provide effective feedback.
- Excellent Analytical and report writing skills.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- CERT CII – highly desirable
- Market knowledge, structure, practices and regulation.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of direct and reinsurance placements.
- Knowledge of risk identification, escalation and mitigation.
- Knowledge of operational controls framework.
Please send in your CV if you have the above skills (Insurance), happy to work a minimum of 12/15 hours and working from home.