Director of Digital Delivery & Innovation (IT & Education) required to work near to West of Reading.
Please note; due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and you will need to own your own transport, as my client is situated in a rural area.
- To lead the Digital Delivery and Innovation teams, and to take a strategic overview of all technology requirements within the Education Sector.
- To ensure that the day-to-day digital requirements of staffs clients are met.
- To plan and control the annual capital and operational expenditure within allocated budgets for the Digital Delivery and Innovation Department.
- To be the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the Schools.
- To coordinate and manage all Digital Delivery and Innovation Department projects, throughout the Schools, to ensure that they are completed on time and within budget, and that they meet the needs and expectations of the users.
- To build and effectively manage a budget that takes account of the academic/Digital Strategy requirements.
- To provide regular training for staff and pupils on maintaining high levels of Cyber security awareness and good practice.
- To ensure an appropriate level of digital support is provided for all members of the Schools community.
- To oversee the development and management of internal/external website platforms.
- To chair the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) and ensure any security incidents are reviewed and managed appropriately.
- To promote and encourage the use of digital technologies to maintain effective communication with, for example, parents and alumnae.
- To build and promote good relationships with suppliers, that maximise the leverage of our investments.
- To build effective relations with other schools, universities, and other relevant organisations to ensure the effective sharing of good practice.
- To be responsible for the School’s cloud-based telephony system and infrastructure.
- Proven experience within Digital Transformation experience at a Senior Management level.
- A background in education would be useful but not essential, but a strong interest in education is essential.
- A proven track record of management of significant projects, proven track record of effective budget planning and management.
- An effective communicator able to communicate with people at all levels within an organisation.
- Strategic vision and experience of strategic planning, an ability to be creative and innovative.
- Leadership and effective staff management skills.
- A commitment to and understanding of the educational and pastoral needs of young people, and able to relate well to pupils aged 11 -18.
- To be outward looking with the interest and ability to keep up to date on advancements in the digital technologies landscape.
- Always committed to confidentiality and discretion.
- Prepared to work flexible hours and get fully involved in the life of the schools. Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas as required.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritise, and meet deadlines. Good judgement with a common-sense approach.
- Full driving licence required as some travel and the client is based in a rural area.
Please send in your CV if you have the above skills.