Desktop / IT Support Engineer. My client based in Hull, East Yorkshire are looking for a Desktop / IT Support Engineer. Please note this role is 100% office based (offers no WFH). This is a hands-on role and you will responsible for the support of desktops and laptops running MacOS and Windows, mobile devices, troubleshooting printers, network connectivity problems, entry level server issues and maintaining networking hardware.
Please note my client are willing to take on someone who doesn’t match all the technical requires but does have excellent end user/customer service skills!
You must have:
- Previous experience in a similar IT support/desktop role.
- Excellent end user/customer service skills!
- Understanding of PC and Mobile based hardware and software.
- Active Directory, Office 365, Windows 10, MacOS, IOS and Android.
- Can do attitude and flexible approach to work in order to support the business out of hours.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, unsupervised and support activities of internal and external providers.
- Experience in Remote support programs.
Any ITIL, Microsoft Certifications, CompTIA Certifications are a bonus!
- Take ownership of your area, update and resolve assigned incidents / requests.
- Take on and complete projects working with the stakeholder and set expectations.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of adhering to performance and quality standards.
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing priorities and meeting strict deadlines.
- A close attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving will be key.
- Lead diagnosing the cause of the incident through a structured process of investigation.
- Proactively manage the hardware and software estate, ensuring asset information is accurate at all times.
- Conducting research and identifying root causes and implementing fixes.
- Investigate reoccurring issues and resolve while working with team members.
For further information and a full job spec please send in your CV!!