Desktop/Infrastructure Support Engineer needed to work in my client’s office based near to Green Park tube station.
My client is a team of 6 people so a very small environment indeed. You will be trained up to a very high standard as strict SLA’s are in place, which makes my client stand out from the rest of competition. Please apply if you have worked in teams of under 10 before (minimum of 2yrs currently), please do NOT apply if you have worked over 10 /20 within the IT Department.
- My client is looking for a proactive candidate that is able to provide Desktop/Infrastructure Support Engineer in a highly pressured environment.
- You will need to be personable and approachable with a good eye for detail and accuracy, be a fast learner and capable of following direction concisely.
- You should be able to multi task and prioritise work appropriately. As the role requires a lot of user interaction which ranges from PA’s to Managing Directors, it is important that the you have good language and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate will be required to answer calls and emails to the IT department, accept/assign/create helpdesk tickets using Jira. Familiarity with Cisco phone systems, IOS devices are also welcomed. A professional and enthusiastic telephone manner is needed in addition to being able to work systematically through difficult issues.
- It is important that you can can deal with prioritising and scheduling your working day so you are efficiently manage the workload presented.
- You must have worked in a team of 10 or less as my client is only 6 strong. You must be a jack of all trades and to be able to muck in, get your hands dirty, whatever level you go in as.
- You will have excellent knowledge of MS Windows 10 and 11, MS 365, Active Directory, Printer Setups, Workstation and peripheral troubleshooting, PC, Laptop Setups/Builds and IT Stock update and replenishment.
- In terms of Infrastructure, you will need to have a good working knowledge of Networking (Switches, Routers, Firewall, VPN’s, IP addressing, network protocols, disaster recovery, monitoring and securing networks. Experience with building/troubleshooting servers both physical and virtual (VMware), storage devices (Pure) and an understanding of Citrix and remote working. Experience with Cyber Security, Support of Cloud-Based Infrastructures and familiarity with AWS, Azure would be beneficial.
- Professional, excellent interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication, enthusiastic, driven, must have a passion for IT Support and be confident with user interaction, be able to work under pressure and listen to guidance provided and be able to take direction.
There may be a chance of working 1 day a week from home, further down the line, if successful, as you will need to be fully compliant and trained up first. You should expect to work 10am - 6pm to start with, once trained up you will go on a shift rota between 10am – 6pm & 7am – 3pm. You will be required to take part in a weekday and weekend on call rota (after training), 1 in 4 weeks. Weekday on call is from 6pm to 9pm (from home) and weekend on call is from 10.00am to 12.00pm (from home). You will be able to claim half day in lieu, when you are on call on Saturday for 2 hours.
As my client is a Financial Company you will be Credit checked and Criminal checked so please do not apply if have bad credit or criminal conviction.
Can you make sure that all your certifications, work history information & dates are correct on your CV as you will be asked this on interview.
If you are successful and offered, my client offers the following benefits: 25 days holiday going up 1 day every 2 yrs. Good pension, discretionary good bonus, Life Assurance, Gym fitness, Overtime & days in lieu. A very rewarding incentive after 5yrs of service.